What is a Gold Card &
why do I need one?
A Gold Card is a plastic card that is kept in your wallet. It is evidence that you possess the operating skills to be a safe member of the workforce.
New Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws, effective January 2012, require PCBU‘s (Person conducting a business or undertaking) to ensure that their workers have current competency for licenses they hold.
In summary, the WHS laws require employers to provide instruction, training and information to forklift operators to ensure that skills have not diminished or fallen behind current standards. This is the law.
Getting a Gold Card?
How do I get a Gold Card?
A Gold Card is issued after completing a Verification of Competency (VOC) assessment either at your Sydney workplace (min 4 people) or in our Blacktown training centre. This assessment checks your forklift operating skills against the current licensing requirements.
The forklift licence assessment is a lot more stringent now than it was even just a few years ago. The VOC assessment will check if you are still considered safe against today’s standards.
How long does it take to be assessed?
Approx. 30 minutes per person.
Why should an individual invest in a Gold Card?
- A Gold Card looks great when being interviewed for that new job
- Eliminate your bad habits
- Compliance with your Duty of Care responsibilities
How much does a Gold Card cost?
- Blacktown training centre = $120 pp + GST
- Your workplace = $120 pp + GST (min 4 people)
*Sydney Metro area only
*Normal business hours only
How long is a Gold Card valid for?
Gold Cards For Your Business
Can a business conduct this training internally?
Yes, but the workplace training should be conducted by a person who can prove their competence and who has assessing experience. The entire process must be recorded, evidence kept and the content should sufficiently cover the licensing requirements.
Why should a business invest in Gold Cards?
- Be compliant with current workplace legislation
- Eliminate bad operating habits
- Create a safety culture in your business
To Book An Assessment
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Company name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Full names of each person to be assessed
- The training location (Blacktown centre or your workplace for 4+ people)
- The dates and times that you would like the VOC to take place